There are many names for Marijuana in Florida, among the most popular are: weed, herb, bud, crip, crippy, ganja, ganj, chronic, the fire, trees, blunts, pot, hooch, etc. Regardless of what you and I call it, The State of Florida refers to it as Cannabis or Marijuana. You're either in Possession of Cannabis, Trafficking in Cannabis or Marijuana, or Cultivation of Cannabis or Marijuana. In The State of Florida, the seriousness of the charge is determined by the weight.
Remember, drug crimes can violate both federal and state laws. All controlled substances are classified by drug schedules, depending on the accepted medical use, potential for addiction, and potential for abuse. If you or someone you love has been charged with marijuana possession, delivery of cannabis, cultivation of marijuana, or trafficking of marijuana / cannabis in Palm Beach County, contact West Palm Beach Marijuana Possession Attorney, Roger P. Foley. The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley may help you with your current drug charges, or more specifically, your marijuana drug charge. We have extensive experience dealing with drug offenses in Florida.
Basic facts about Cannabis in Florida:
- Florida does not subscribe to the theory of medicinal purposes. There are currently 16 states that allow for prescription marijuana but Florida is not one of them.
- The police will arrest you for possession of cannabis if there is residue present on your person or in your vehicle.
- Smoking weed in your car is the most common way of being arrested; officers claim to smell the odor, the Supreme Court says that is sufficient to search your vehicle, and there is no way to prove that they are lying.
- Florida has the harshest penalties for marijuana in the United States.
- Conviction results in 2 years driver's license revocation.
(minimum 3 years)
(minimum 7 years)
(minimum 15 years)
Any drug conviction can result in a driver's license suspension for up to 2 years. Possession of more than 25 pounds of marijuana is classified as drug trafficking.Contact a Palm Beach County Marijuana Crimes Lawyer
Our firm will skillfully defend your case if you have been charged with a marijuana crime. The mission of our law office is to uphold due process and defend the rights of all of our clients. We strive to ensure the freedom of each of our clients. Because the prosecution is already actively building a case if you have been charged with a crime, you should immediately begin building your defense. Call us today if you have been charged in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Contact a West Palm Beach Marijuana Possession Attorney at The Law Offices of Roger P. Foley for aggressive defense of your rights.